Things I bring to the birth
- A rolling suitcase filled with
- Hot packs and Cold packs
- Massage oils/lotions
- iPod and speakers loaded with a variety of music
- Focal points
- Handheld fan
- Handheld mirror
- Many other little tricks and goodies!
Things you should bring to the hospital
I recommend that you pack two separate bags for your trip to the hospital: one bag for labor and one for after the baby is born.
The labor bag usually requires less. Labor rooms can be really small and space is limited. Keep in mind that we will most likely be traveling to the hospital in the middle of the night and the laboring mother will be having contractions every 4 – 5 steps…the less you have to carry up the better.
Pack another bag to leave in the car with all of the things you will need after the baby is born – this is usually the bigger bag.
- Shower shoes or flip-flops
- Swimsuit for partner/husband
- Shower accessories (toothpaste, brush, chapstick, etc.)
- 2 pillows in brightly colored pillowcases
- Cooler with food – frozen entrees, bagels, muffins, popsicles, applesauce, fig newtons, hard boiled eggs, coconut water.
- Chargers and power strip
- Nursing gowns
- Nursing bras
- Breastfeeding book
- Breastfeeding pillow
- Any other items you feel appropriate for your hospital stay